If you’ve read my blog before, you know that I love Palm PDAs. For the past several years they helped me organize my life. Just looking at my PDA, I am surprised at what all it can do. Here’s a quick list:
1. Connect via Bluetooth
2. Connect via Wi-Fi
3. Create and Edit Word, Excel, and Powerpoint files
4. Surf the Web
5. View PDF files
6. Tell me what stars will be up tonight
7. Play MP3s
8. use Avantgo to get the forecast and news
9. calendar, to-do list, memos, etc.
10. Read E-books
11. use Google Maps to find directions
Whew… that’s a lot of stuff. It can do even more, but that’s a long enough list for now. My older PDA, a Palm Zire 72, could even take pictures and video, and even record sound. Most importantly, none of my PDAs are phones. For whatever reason, mixing a PDA with something that costs money for the data plan just does not rest well with me. I like knowing it’s my PDA, not connected to a single provider (since verizon does not use sim cards) that I can use as long as it is able to function.